Seiten

Montag, 25. September 2017

A 6 month recap: A bit of Palaver

On the 27th of March 2017 I decided to properly re-start my blog. I have had this platform since 2015, and another one before that. But I never took it seriously enough to post regularly. 
By March this year, I was knee deep in the booktube/bookstagram community- eventhough I enjoyed consuming the content other people crated, I was left unsatisfied with my contribution to the community. 



This was and is a recurring problem for me. I spend quite some time online. Almost to much (who am I kidding. Its way to much). Only consuming bores me, so I decided long before Mach 2017 that I wanted to create content in some way, shape or form. So back in 2015 I stated my personal Instergram account. It was a quick way for me to put something out there. It did not, and still does not, take much effort. By 2017 I wanted to do more. 

I had toyed with the idea of starting a YouTube channel for quite some time, but due to bad experiences in my early teens I felt reluctant to start. I filmed some content that will never see the light of day, but decided in the end, that I was not ready for it.  

Writing has always been something that I loved. So blogging seemed a natural Idea. Especially since I already had a platform where I irregularly posted and had a bit of experience in. But everytime I had started a blog I seemed to be unable to post regularly. That scared me, I was afraid of failing another project that I started.
Due to that the blog got stuck in a planning and preparation hole for almost two months. Then I went to the Leipzig Book Fair and decided to write about it. That was the first regular blogpost on here. 

When I stated this blog I set myself the timeframe of six month. After the six month mark I wanted to re-decide whether I would continue or not.  
And I have posted every Monday for six month straight. I missed one upload and uploaded late twice. Other than that, I DID IT!

The blog was supposed to be only for me. To prove myself that I could stick to a project and to quench my thirst for creating content. I did not mind people seeing it, but I also did not talk about it. Only about four month into it I stated telling very good friends about it. About five month in, I put the link of the blog into my Instergram account. Silently, without telling anyone.
There were also a lot of other questions in the air when I started. The biggest one was: What type of content will go up here. I experimented a bit, in the end writing about books brought me the most fun.
I was also unsure if I should write in english or in my mother tongue: German. 
In the end I decided on English. Because I wanted to better my written English again, since I had not had much opportunity to write since school ended for me. With those decisions made, I started.    

In August I kind of hit a lowpoint with this project. I was unsatisfied with the name of my blog and that seriously impacted my motivation of writing. 
It took some serious brainstorming to come up with what I have now (which I like way more). Simultaneously I decided to take blogging a bit more serious in general. It was nice only doing it for me, but without any type of feedback, its had to evolve and become better. So I created a bookstagram account to accompany this blog. I am having so much fun with it right now. 

Now there is a decision to be made. Do I continue or do I stop blogging. The answer is simple. I wont stop. I love it to much. I have put so much work into it, it would be a shame to just stop now. 
There might be a schedule change by the end of October. Uni starts up again and depending on the workload, I might only upload once every second Monday. But we will see. So far I still have so many ideas and I can not wait for what the next six month will bring.

Thank you for reading
- Miette      


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen