Seiten

Montag, 17. Juli 2017

Let's draw a map

A few weeks ago, I started preparing for the NaNoWriMo-Camp. As part of this preparation I drew a map to visualize the world the story takes place in.

Then I discovered the Instagram Account of Deven Rue. And got seriously inspired. So I decided to redraw the map and make it a bit more detailed.








The old map
The pens used
new rough sketch

The finished map
Overall I'm very happy with the end result. It was very therapeutic to draw all the trees and all the details. I will most definitively draw more maps in the future. It also helped me in terms of world building, since I imagined the myths and the history that this world could hold. I also plan on filling the blank spaces up with city and county names. But as of right now, I'm still unsure what the cities and countries will be called. Ih you have any ideas, tell me ;) 

If you want so see me draw the map: I filmed the whole process: 




Thank you for reading! 
(Also sorry for the short ans delayed posts. With NaNoWriMo-Camp and exams there is to little time in the day)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen