Seiten

Montag, 3. Juli 2017

June Wrap-Up (and July TBR)

Another month is over. Another Wrap-Up is on the way. This time its a bit of a special one. As some of you may know, I was in a bit of a reading slump  last month. To battle the slump I decided to do a re-read month. I set myself the very ambitious goal of re-reading my ten favourite books. I managed to read four. There were a lot of reasons for that, some of which I will explain in this post.
There wont be any real reviews on these books because I have already reviewed them on this blog. I will link those reviews.
Now, without further ado: Let's get into re-reading!
 
When I told a few of my friends about this project, they were a bit curious to why I re-read books. As I have found out its something that not everybody does. I can not speak for everybody, but here are the reasons why I like to re-read books:
1. A sense of comfort.
Re-visiting a world that you have grown close to is very comforting. It sometimes can feel like coming home (Harry Potter). I like to re-read books when my life is very hectic and changing. Then the books remind me of the times when I first read them.
2. Memories of times long gone
While we are on the topic of "reminding": Re-reading books that have shaped you can stir up memories of times that you enjoyed. 
I mark my favourite passages in books, sometimes I even will write notes on the sides. When I am re-reading the books I can get a glimpse into what I thought of the book at the time. I can see my own growth. I do this in very nostalgic phases.
3. Curiosity 
Sometimes you are just curious whether or not your opinion has changed on a book. Its that simple.
4. Remembering whats going on
Some series are just to long and to complicated to keep everything stored in our memories. Then a new installment comes out and you have to re-read all the books before, because: What had happened before??

Those are a few reasons why I re-read books. Why do you re-read books? Please let me know!

Here are the books that I re-read last month:


The first book I re-read was Rebel of the sands by Alwyn Hamilton. I loved this book so much. Re-reading it was fantastic. The story still gipped me and I felt kind of relieved to visit this world again. Even though I already knew the story, I still feared for the characters. My opinion on this book hasn't changed. Still a 5/5.


Then I read Traitor to the throne also by Alwyn Hamilton. This is the second installment in the Rebel of the sands-Series. I did enjoy re-reading this book, although I have to admit, I was bored a bit bored by it. This time the story didn't grab me as much as I would have liked. The most fun part of this book is based on plot-twists. Which I already knew. My overall opinion on this book did not change, but it is not as good as a re-read as Rebel of the sands.


After that I started reading the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. There are no words that could describe how I feel about these books. I have always loved to write. These books pushed me to thrive after writing. One day I want to be able to write something close to these books. Re-reading them made me exited for NaNoWriMo-Camp and got me out of my reading slump.

After I read the duology, I wanted to read new books. But because I like to follow through with decisions I just stopped reading after Crooked Kingdom. Technically I would have had the time to read the two other Series I wanted to read, but I just did not feel like it. So I didn't. But thats not so bad. I wanted to get out of my reading slump and that I did. I am so looking forward to start reading this month books. I am aiming for four books in July, just because of Camp NaNoWriMo. But I am traveling again this month (when am I not?), so there might be a few more in next months wrap-up.


JULY TBR:
- Shadow and Bone
- Siege and Strom
- Ruin an Rising
- A darker Shade of Magic
(I am so exited for these books!!!)


Thank you so much for reading :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen